Resilient people are more capable of dealing with stress, achieving goals and managing emotions. They have the ability to think positively about themselves, the world and others even when times are tough.
Adult Resilience: Strong Not Tough is an interactive evidence-based program that gives adults and young people from ages 16+ the skills to cope effectively with the many challenging situations we all encounter throughout our lives. Adult Resilience: Strong Not Tough is your own personal policy to protect yourself from experiencing overwhelming emotional distress, which can affect all areas of your life if not managed.
Just like the developmental milestones children experience, adults continue to experience many life changes. Learn skills to cope effectively with the many challenging situations we all encounter throughout our lives. Through evidence-based social and emotional skills training and CBT, learn helpful coping skills in a supportive and friendly environment.
Concepts, skills and strategies
Learn how to:
- Develop your awareness and confidence
- Better manage your emotions
- Train your attention towards the positives, think in helpful ways and enhance optimism
- Set realistic goals and explore solutions to problems
- Improve your communication skills, prevent and reduce conflict
- Prepare for challenges now and in the future through long term practice
- Celebrate and taking strength from your successes
Adult Resilience: Strong not Tough is incorporated into the parallel sessions for parents/caregivers of children enrolled in group programs for ages 4 – 7 years or ages 8 – 10 years. This enables your family to learn a set of resilience skills and strategies at the same time and place.