What to bring to each session:
- Water filled bottle clearly labelled for your child/ren
- Fruit and/or vegetables as a snack as there will be a break at half time. Due to the risk of food allergies, please only pack fruit and/or vegetables. If there is an issue with this, please contact us.
- Wind up crayons
What to do before the sessions:
To maximise your child’s productivity you may wish to:
- Prepare a nutritious, low GI breakfast. This will give your child the right sort of energy they need to concentrate and participate to the best of their ability.
- Undertake an energetic activity with your child such as a walk. This helps burn off excess energy and stimulate the brain.
- Grab a beverage from the local cafe down the road.
- Smile and say ‘see you later’ briefly before leaving your child so you can take a seat in the adult’s area. After your child has settled into the children’s area, please do not linger as we have a number of helpers on the day to assist.
If you are attending a Term Program, the Parenting Strategies and Adult Resilience Program running in parallel with Fun FRIENDS or FRIENDS for Life is a group for adults only. We cannot mind your unattended children while you are in session. Please arrange for a responsible adult to mind your other children for the duration of the session.