Individual Session for Parents
Discover your child’s strengths and weaknesses in their executive functioning skills and receive tailored strategies you can implement in your home straight away.
The one-hour session will be delivered via Zoom meeting, in the comfort of your home at a time convenient to your family.
Relationships and family are at the heart of what we do and parents have found it beneficial to learn skills and strategies to help support their children in the privacy of their own home.
Support for parents includes:
- Identifying problem behaviours, identifying strengths and weaknesses in executive skills in the child and the parent/s.
- Improving their own and their child’s inhibitory control, working memory and emotional control.
- Effective strategies to help parents/caregivers improve their own and their child’s ability to initiate tasks, sustain attention and plan for the future.
- Enhancing metacognition, reviewing and evaluating your family’s progress over time
What are Executive Functioning Skills?
We help children who struggle with their emotions, learn better ways to cope with life’s challenges. Executive skills are the cognitive skills required to negotiate the typical demands of childhood at home, at school and with friends. When children learn strategies to improve their executive skills, they find it easier to:
- Regulate their emotions
- Control impulses which can get them into trouble
- Be flexible when things do not go to plan
- Organise themselves for school
- Initiate work and stay on task
- At some point, to some degree, all children struggle with emotional regulation, exercising self-control and getting along with others.
Some children, however, need additional support to help them catch up to their peers at a similar developmental stage. Given the right strategies, tools and support, these children often thrive in their new-found resilience and confidence.