Weekend Group Program Sessions For Families
Term 4 Family Program
From Saturday 2nd November 2019 for 5 consecutive Saturdays [How To Enrol]
Times/Ages: 10.00am – 12.00pm | 4 – 6 Years
Times/Ages: 1.00pm – 3.00pm | 7 – 9 Years
Investment: $800.00 + GST (5 x 2.0 hour sessions) for one child and up to two parents/caregivers.
Private Health Insurance Rebate: Private health insurance or Medicare rebates may apply for your child attending the Family program. Before enquiring with your Private Health Insurance, please contact us for our Psychologists’ Provider Number. The Item Number to quote is P400 (Group Psychological Interventions) or P300 if you are with Medibank Private.
Medicare Rebate: Alternatively, if your child qualifies for a Better Access to Mental Health – Mental Health Care Plan through your GP (for Group Psychological Interventions), you may obtain a rebate through Medicare provided that the group your child attends does not exceed 10 children and your Plan is obtained and submitted to us prior to the group start date.
- What are we good at?
- What makes us feel happy?
- How can we increase happiness, kindness and relaxation in our life?
- How can mindfulness and visualisation help us sleep better at night?
- Parallel session for parents: Introduction, understanding anxiety, identifying problem behaviours, identifying strengths and weaknesses in executive skills in the child and the parent/s.
- How many different feelings can we have we have every day?
- What are the physiological responses to worry, sadness, anger and fear?
- How can we increase self-awareness and train our attention towards the positives?
- What kinds of situations may contribute to various feelings?
- How can we handle difficult situations with more flexibility?
- Parallel session for parents: Improving their own and their child’s inhibitory control, working memory and emotional control.
- Can we explore the connection between our thoughts, feelings and behaviour?
- What kinds of thoughts can help us home, at school, with peers and teachers?
- How can our thoughts help try new things, deal with change and problem-solve?
- Parallel session for parents: Effective strategies to help parents/caregivers improve their own and their child’s ability to initiate tasks, sustain attention and plan for the future.
- How can we problem-solve at home, at school, with peers and teachers?
- How can we stay calm in difficult situations?
- Can we help mum or dad practice coping strategies at home and in environments outside of the home?
- Parallel session for parents: Improving family organisation, ability to manage time, flexibility and follow through with goals.
- Can we identify more things we are good at and celebrate our success?
- Let’s consolidate and share all of the skills and strategies we have learnt.
- Take home Resilience Kit – a tangible reminder of resilience skills and strategies to apply in everyday life
- Parallel session for parents: Enhancing metacognition, reviewing and evaluating family progress over the five weeks.
Complimentary Follow Up After 5 Weeks And At 3 Months
When group learning as a family is undertaken at a consistent time and place, we can observe and measure behavioural change over a short period of time, which lets you see your family’s progress and development.
At the start of the program, you will be asked to complete some questionnaires. This is so we can observe, measure and share changes with you over the five weeks, and at three months time. This helps your family stay on track over the long-term.